AQ900L - AQ1500L Premium
Extra-Large Wire-Cut Flat Linear EDM
AQ-Premium Series - Sodick precision XL, XXL & XXXL wire cut EDM
- AQ900L Premium – XYZ travel = 900 × 600 × 400 mm / UV travel = 920 x 620 mm / workpiece weight 2000 kg.
- AQ1200L Premium – XYZ travel = 1200 × 800 × 400 (600) mm / UV travel = 1220 x 820 mm / workpiece 4000 kg.
- AQ1500L Premium – XYZ travel = 1500 × 1000 × 600 mm / UV travel = 1520 x 1020 mm / workpiece 8000 kg.
Large size wire cut EDM machine-tools with all accuracy and quality you would expect from Sodick.
The AQ Series is Sodick’s line of large work area and extreme taper Wire EDMs. The AQ900L is a highly rigid machine which is ideal for machining large sized dies.
High speed, precision and accuracy with linear motors plus LP control technology. Solid models can be directly imported maximising cutting efficiency, reducing work flow and programming errors.
In response to the growing demand for large dies spurred by the huge popularity of large screen TV’s, the AQ900L Premium, also equipped with LP Power supply have been designed especially for machining large size dies for large size components as well as for automobile parts such as instruments, panels and bumpers.
A distinctive feature of all the machines of the AQ series is the complex cast iron meehanite iron bed, with the worktable supports cast in the front and the heavy-duty gantry in the rear.
The X-axis carriage moves the lower ceramic arm of the guide wire block along a guide on the bed under the gantry, while the lower ceramic arm moves inside the X-axis carriage of the Y-axis. The U-axis carriage (parallel to the X-axis) moves along the rigid gantry, which is integral with the bed, and is driven by the V-axis carriage (parallel to the Y-axis). The strokes in the UV axis of each machine in the series are 20 mm longer than in the XY axis. This enables a taper cutting angle of more than ±30°/100 mm.
- Лінійні сервоприводи з XYUV з планарними (плокопаралельними) лінійними двигунами (ЛД) та контролером K-SMC власної розробки та виробництва.
- Абсолютні лінійні датчики зворотного зв’язку по осях XY і UV з роздільною здатністю 10 нм (0,01 мкм) Heidenhain.
- X Y U V axis FLAT Linear Motors
- X Y U V axis absolute linear scales 10 nano (0,01 micron) Heidenhain.
- Ceramic Work-Zone. Improvement in geometric accuracy by 3-4 times in comparison with metal-plastic working areas of non-Sodick EDMs.
Sodick ceramics thermal expansion is merely 4.5×10-6/°С.
Complete galvanic (electric) isolation of the Work-zone.
- Hand scraped contacting bearing surfaces of meehanite cast iron parts
- All bearing construction parts of low thermal expansion meehanite cast iron (11×10-6/°С)
- Extra wide machine bed – superb horizontality at the extremes of travels
- THK SSR guideways (caged ball technology) designed for use primarily in precision measuring machines. The guideways can withstand movements 100 times more than the distance from the Earth to the Moon and back.
- Електроіскровий КЧПУ-генератор 5-го покоління LP2WH з функцією Perfect Active Control.
- Linear motor cooling unit
- LP2WH high speed generator
- Intelligent Q³vic EDW
- Remote controller
- Esprit CAM software offline (regional option)
- Automatic Tank Door
- Work stand bridge
- Improved Ease of Operation
- High speed electrolysis free circuit
- Energy saving circuit
- SODICK Fine Corner Control
- FTII (Fine pick-up function)
- Automatic water level control
- Super jet AWT (Automatic wire threader)
- Wire end remover
- Wire chopper
- Receiver for max. 20 kg wire coils
- Dielectric cooling unit
- Voltage stabiliser
- LAN interface
- 15″ TFT screen
- Totalising hour metre
- Work light
- USB port
- Record-breaking small or negligable modified surface layer (confirmed by laboratory studies)!
XY axis travel (flat linear)
|900 × 600 mm||1200 × 800 mm||1500 × 1000 mm|
Z axis travel (ball-screw)
UV axis travel (flat linear)
|920 × 620 mm||1220 × 820 mm||1520 × 1020 mm|
Max. workpiece dimensions
|1200 × 900 × 400 mm||1600 × 1200 × 400 mm||1900 × 1400 × 600 mm|
Max. workpiece weight
|2000 кг||4000 кг||8000 кг|
Work tank dimensions
|1374 × 1133 mm||1824 × 1400 mm||2124 × 1600 mm|
Distance from floor to table top
|1050 mm||1200 mm||1200 mm|
|Wire electrode diameter||0.15 ~ 0.33 mm|
|3 ~ 23 H|
Max. wire speed
Machine tool dimensions
2380 × 3150 × 2395 mm (with CNC-generator+dielectric tank)
4100 × 3870 × 2490 mm (with CNC-generator+dielectric tank)
5600 × 4435 × 2930 mm (with CNC-generator+dielectric tank)
Machine installation dimensions
|3500 × 4200 mm||5200 × 5200 mm||6700 × 5765 mm|
Machine tool weigh
8000 kg (with CNC-generator+dielectric tank)
11000 кг (with CNC-generator)
15000 кг (with CNC-generator)
Total power inpu
|3-∅, 50/60 Hz, 13 kVA|
Capacity (demonised water)
|1600 lit||3000 lit||5000 lit|
Dielectric fluid filtration
3 replaceable paper filters SHF-25E or simular
4 replaceable paper filters (internal pressure) SHF-25E or simular
850 kg(main tank) +550 kg (auxiliary)
1030 kg (main tank) +1010 kg (auxiliary)
*Due to ongoing research, specifications are subject to change without prior notice
The dielectric chillers on Sodick machines contain either fluorinated greenhouse gas R410A or R407C