More than 60 000 Sodick Flat Linear Motor EDM in operation throughout the World
New Sodick Wire-Cut EDMs
Equipped with the NEW “SPW” Controller
- Newly developed Hi-Speed Sodick Motion Controller (SMC) M4 LINK
- 1 Gbit/sec Hi-Speed serial communication
- Equipped with high-speed Dual Core processor
- Low power consumption
- Improved linear motor control performance
- New user-friendly interface
NC Unit employs 19” Multi-touch LCD
Less wire – more job.
You pay less for more!
New Sodick Wire-Cut EDM
ALC Series Features
- X Y U V axis FLAT Linear Motors
- X Y U V axis absolute linear scales 10 nano (0,01 micron) Heidenhain.
- Ceramic Work-Zone. Improvement in geometric accuracy by 3-4 times in comparison with metal-plastic working areas of non-Sodick EDMs.
Sodick ceramics thermal expansion is merely 4.5×10-6/°С.
Complete galvanic (electric) isolation of the Work-zone.
- Hand scraped contacting bearing surfaces of meehanite cast iron parts
- All bearing construction parts of low thermal expansion meehanite cast iron (11×10-6/°С)
- Extra wide machine bed – superb horizontality at the extremes of travels
- THK SSR guideways (caged ball technology) designed for use primarily in precision measuring machines. The guideways can withstand movements 100 times more than the distance from the Earth to the Moon and back.
- SPW CNC-generator.
- FCC Sodick Fine Corner Control
- Heart NC – advanced CAM system
- Q3vic EDW – intelligent 3D programming
- Energy saving circuit
- Digital PIKA W Plus for super surface finish (Ra=0.05 µ)
- DSF (Dynamic Shape First)
- Automatic water level control
- 3-sided rise and fall work tank
- Fixed Jet AWT (Automatic wire threader)
- Wire end remover
- Dielectric cooling unit
- Voltage stabiliser
- 19″ TFT colour screen
- Anti-Virus Software
- Remote controller
- USB port
- LAN interface
- Work light
- Built-in 20kg wire feeder
SPW CNC Power Supply
New generation CNC Power Supply
New proprietary SMC “M4-LINK” (developed by Sodick America Corporation, San Jose, California) replaced the more than successful K-SMC system.
Response time is shortened to 0.4~1.0 μs. The system now precisely corrects the position of a wire-electrode in the gap up to 1000 times per sec.
Q3vic EDW – intelligent 3D programming
Heart NC – advanced CAM system
New Sodick Wire-Cut EDM
Temperature-Synchronized Wire-Cut EDM
High-Precision Thermal Displacement Correction and Total Temperature Control System
All models in the series are equipped as standard with the AIM (AI Maintenance) environmental temperature diagnosis function and TH COM thermal displacement correction function that can handle everything from high-accuracy to rough temperature environments, in addition to a logging function and temperature display of the machine surroundings.
The full-cover specification EDW (Wire-Cut EDM) features a temperature equalisation system to provide a more stable machining environment.
- 0,05 mm wire spec (including AWT)
- HTP high-voltage circuit
- Taper flex 45 NEO (for taper cutting up to 45°)
- L-Cut (Wire chopper)
- ANCS (Anti-Corrosion System)
- Esprit CAM software offline (regional option)
- Automation System: workpiece changer, electrode changer and robots
- WS4P and bigger WS5P rotary table (indexing or simultaneous movement)
- 8-axis Simultaneous Control SPW-E (factory option)
- UPS Active Power Restart
- Booster (total = 60A)
- Custom colour (factory option)
|ALC800G / ALC800GH|
|XY axis travel||400 x 300 mm||600 x 400 mm||800 x 600 mm|
|Z axis travel||250 mm||350 mm||500 / 800 mm|
|UV axis travel||150 x 150 mm||150 x 150 mm||200 x 200 mm|
|Taper angle (t=130mm)||±25° (±45° = option)|
|Work tank dimensions (W x D)||850 × 610 mm||1050 х 710 mm||1250 х 1020 mm|
|Max workpiece weight||500 kg||1000 kg||3000 kg|
|Wire electrode diameter ∅||∅ 0.1 ~ 0.3 mm (∅ 0.05 mm = option)|
|Wire tension||3 ~ 23 H|
|Wire feed rate||420 mm/sec|
|Distance from floor to table top||995 mm|
|Machine dimensions (W x D x H)||2115×2500×2230 mm||2495×2895×2345 mm||3395×3640×2780 mm|
|Machine installation dimensions (mm):||3350 × 3865 mm||3780 × 4245 mm||4675 × 5050 mm|
|Machine weight (kg):||3400 kg||4600 kg||6000 kg|
|Input power||3-∅, 50/60 Hz, 13 kVA|
|External dimensions (W x D x H)||700 х 2155 mm||790 х 2505 mm||1505 х 3060 mm|
|Tank weight||400 kg||600 kg||800 kg|
|Capacity (liters)||600 l||800 l||1500 l|
|Dielectric fluid||Deionised water|
|Deioniser||Ion exchange resin (18 l)|
|Filtering system||4 replaceable paper filters (internal pressure) SHF-25E or simular|